Wow, what a week for our Miss Indie! First, she learned to push up to sitting from her tummy. The first time she did it, she was under the buffet and I heard a bonk, bonk, bonk from the other room. She had gotten to sitting position, but she couldn't straighten up without hitting her head, so I moved her into the middle of the living room and threw a party for her accomplishment!!! Ever since, she has started army crawling longer distances, pulling up to kneeling when she wants access to a toy bin or basket, and really thinking about 4-point crawling. She is much more motivated when we have something she wants and she doesn't think we're paying attention to her. The other day I was playing a card game with the girls and she was relentless about getting some cards to suck on. I can't wait until the right motivator gets her crawling for real!
AND, she has started saying mama and dada with meaning. Several times she has said mama while signing it. She also says dada in a different tone when she sees dad for real. Both of these are inconsistent, but they have happened enough times that we know she is figuring out language and it makes me so so so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment