Big, big, big news around here! After 7 years, 2 months of finger sucking, Eden has overcome her habit!! It all started when Dave ordered some yucky tasting stuff to paint on her nails. I applied it during the middle of the night and Eden woke up an hour later saying that her mouth tasted really really bad. I explained to her that we were going to help her stop sucking on her fingers, and brought out her grand prize Kindle. This explanation could have gone either way and I honestly thought she would freak out, especially since it was the middle of the night, but she didn't. Eden made a chart with 21 boxes, we had random prizes along the way, and kept that Kindle out in clear sight. It took her about a month to check off all her boxes then that Kindle was all hers! I still find her sucking on her fingers while sleeping once in a while, but I would say we are about 90% of the way there and that is a huge accomplishment for this awesome lady! Proud mom right here!
No comments:
Post a Comment