6 months ago I had the crazy idea to go on a trip for our 10 year anniversary and somehow all the pieces fell into place. I picked the second cheapest vacation package in Cancun (still not cheap, but sooo worth it), scored the best babysitters around, and invited Marie and Scott to join us.
Wednesday was a long travel day. We woke up at 3:00 am, sat in the airport for a couple of hours for maintenance issues, and enjoyed a long layover in Houston. It would have sucked, but I had Dave there making me laugh the entire time. We rolled into the Ocean Maya Royale about 6 pm and everything looked a little familiar. It turned out, we randomly chose the exact same resort we were married at and that made our vacation even better. I forgot all about our long travel day as we walked around the resort and enjoyed a spectacular dinner at the Mexican Restaurant. I got some yummy chicken and Dave pretty much got a bowl of meat with some of the best steak I have ever had.
Thursday we relaxed big time with laying out in the shade, walking along the beach, and eating delicious food. We didn't even swim, but we did go to a high pressure timeshare presentation. Oh well, just more to laugh about with Dave. Dave asked me where I wanted to eat, but just as a formality because he totally wanted Mexican again. It was still delicious and Dave let me steal his steak again. We ended the night with an impressive fire show and lots of funny commentary.
Friday we started our day off right with omelets made to order then a couples massage. I had never had a massage before so had no idea what to expect, but it was spectacular. Marie and Scott finally arrived after some flight delays so we showed them our sit, walk, eat routine. It was so great to catch up! We tried dinner at the fancy restaurant. It was fancy, but not quite as tasty as Mexican, but our standards were pretty high at this point.
Saturday we woke up bright and early to watch the sunrise. It was beautiful and so worth it! We enjoyed paradise one last day then spent the evening shopping for the girl's gifts in downtown Playa. It was the perfect ending to our perfect vacation.
Sunday was another travel day, but it was surprisingly relaxing. Dave and I were not ready to leave paradise, but we were excited to see the girls. Milan, Eden, and Cora gave us big hugs, but it took Indie a little while to warm up. The older girls showed us one creation after another and shared all the fun things they had done while we were gone. Kyle and Sarah had been even more amazing to our girls then I could have imagined.
I'm still on a vacation high so I want to share that I am so incredibly blessed! I truly love Dave and love spending time with him. Our life is crazy (okay, really crazy), but our relationship is constant and easy. While on vacation, I told Dave I have everything I have ever wanted. He gave me the crazy eye, but it's true. I have a great marriage, a life full of adventures, and babies to love.










No comments:
Post a Comment