We have a little game that Indie loves! She sits on her handy dandy duct-taped-phone-book, grabs my fingers, pulls up to standing by herself, wobbles around for a bit in the standing position, then sits down to do it all over again. Indie loves standing, I love playing with her, and it's making her stronger. Win, win, win!
This week, Kim from Little Leaf Preschool contacted me about Indie's eating. I thought Indie was doing AWESOME with self feeding and eating, but agreed to meet with Kim anyway because I think she is an excellent resource. Good thing I did because it turned out that Indie was eating all wrong :(. Indie had been slurping her food and using her tongue to smash her food against the roof of her mouth, but she needs to be moving it side to side with tongue and chewing with her gums. I am so so so glad that Kim invited us to meet with her and has shown us how to establish good eating habits. Kim also made us an offer I couldn't turn down, but you'll have to wait until next week.....
No comments:
Post a Comment