While we drove 4000 miles across the country on our summer adventure, I sat next to Indie showing her how to sign "mama" over and over and over. It worked! She signed "mama" on September 28 when I was showing her myself in the family picture. It makes my heart so happy! My biggest dream for Indie is that she will be a great little talker so she can share her thoughts and ideas with us. She has always been very vocal and now she is putting the pieces together with signing!
I took her to a speech evaluation this week and she is on track with a typically developing 10 month old. Indie will clap when we say "Yay Indie," splash the water in the tub when I say "splash," bang toys together when I say "bang," sign "all done" by banging her hands up and down on her tray, signs mama when I walk into a room, and I think she has signed milk several times. She says da-da-da-da all day long and ow-ow-ow-ow by patting her hand over her open mouth.
And let's talk about this darling book that Tammy, our Early Intervention PT made! I emailed Tammy some pictures and she compiled this book with some simple wording. Indie gets excited every time she sees her picture on the front cover and I think it will be a valuable language tool. Our new therapist is the best!
The other thing that we are working on is crawling. Indie can army crawl for a couple of feet with the right motivation. We have been working on bending her legs at the knee and this week she started tolerating the 4 point position for 10ish seconds. That is big progress for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment