Friday, May 20, 2016

School's Out for Summa!

I'm pretty sure the girls stopped learning a week and half ago so they can fill their days with fun end-of-the-year activities.  First up, Eden's kindergarten graduation.  Their class sang all their monthly songs then Eden received her "official diploma."  

Me and the little ladies got to visit park days for Milan and Eden.  I also took (a not-so-patient) Indie to the talent show where we got to see Eden and Winnie bravely tell jokes and get lots of chuckles from the audience.  Milan, Maddie, and Maame danced to Confidence and did pretty well for not practicing.  
Milan was assigned a robot project as part of their math unit.  She started making a pink dog, but it was closely resembling a pig, so we added a snout and voila!  It was a fun way to practice perimeter, area, and volume measurements.  
 Downtime was rare this week, but luckily Cora and I were able to work in some reading :)
 Field Day was a blast for the ladies!  We visited Eden's class in the morning then returned for Milan's class in the afternoon.  Cora had a great time participating with Eden's class, but 3rd graders are more competitive so we mostly just watched until it was Popsicle Time! 







It's been a busy week and now I'm ready for slow mornings and lots of sunscreen!

No comments: