Friday, July 6, 2018

Canyonlands and Arches

Canyonlands was way cooler than I thought it would be!  While it wasn't as big as the Grand Canyon, we were able to see for mile and miles so it seemed even more incredible!  We drove a loop called "Island in the Sky" and that's exactly what it was, a sliver of road with incredible views all around.  

I was most excited about Arches National Park and planned on getting some amazing pictures.  That's not exactly how it worked out, picture wise, but we did do a family hike up the The Delicate Arch and that's way better than pictures anyways :).  The hike was 1.5 miles uphill in the heat.  I knew the girls could do it, but they needed quite a bit of encouragement so I bribed them with ice cream.  It worked and everyone was glad that we made it to the top!  The return trip was downhill in cooler temps so it was easy breezy and they got too much McDonald's ice cream on the way back to camp.  











No comments: