It has been quite a week with several challenges, none of which are big, but can seem a little overwhelming all at once. Earlier this week I got news that I have skin cancer on my face so I scheduled a surgical procedure then made the mistake of googling images. Scary. I am apprehensive, but grateful that I caught it early, have great insurance, and Dave is coming with me.
This week, Indie has been very fussy with a low grade fever, which I attributed to teething. It's always a challenge to be whined at all day long, but Indie seemed extra sad. I almost took her to the doctor 2-3 times, but talked myself out of it each time because I didn't want to be an over reactive mom. Thursday night, Indie started vomiting so I headed to Children's Urgent Care. After 3 hours and some invasive testing, an x-ray revealed that she is severely constipated.
Broke. My. Heart.
I am constantly managing her constipation and feel like I am aware of her situation, but this must have been building up over time and slipped by me. Good news, we've been addressing Indie's issue and she seems to feel better. Bad news is that the x-ray also revealed a potential heart issue so we are waiting for the results of her Echocardiogram in a month. Man, these health issues sure caught me off guard!
Despite feeling cruddy, Indie has been tackling gross motor skills like a rock star! She learned to go up and down stairs a couple weeks ago and is now eagerly destroying both floors of the house. The
c-scoot is a thing of the past so now she bear crawls everywhere. She has gotten super excited about walking and will gladly accept any assistance she can get with fingers, Walking Wings, and her push toy. She even stood by herself for 20ish seconds yesterday! Watch out world, she's on her way!
c-scoot is a thing of the past so now she bear crawls everywhere. She has gotten super excited about walking and will gladly accept any assistance she can get with fingers, Walking Wings, and her push toy. She even stood by herself for 20ish seconds yesterday! Watch out world, she's on her way!

No comments:
Post a Comment