Saturday, May 6, 2017

Stormchasers

Friday night Dave was in the middle of replacing siding on the front of our house and I had things to prepare for Cora's birthday party the next day when our neighbor invited us to a Stormchasers Game with their family.  We thought we were too busy, but decided to put the to-do list on hold and enjoy a beautiful evening together as a family.  It was so fun!  The girls stayed busy running around and doing cartwheels down the berm, while Dave and I got to chit chat with neighbors.  Cora saw her favorite steak and corn characters and surprised them a bit with her sprinting hugs.  I'm not sure any of us watched a singly baseball play, but the night was a total success.  

As a disclaimer, the house siding was definitely not finished for Cora's birthday party and the door handle locked up when parents came to pick up her friends.  Plus, it has rained most weekends since so that project is still underway, but we still stand by our decision to choose family time over work once in a while.    







No comments: