Indie Smiled. On purpose. Saturday, I was smiling at Indie and carrying on my side of our conversation just like normal. She looked me in the eye then a coy little smile lit up her face. It was just a couple of seconds, but it gave me a little happy spark. I wasn't expecting that cute little smile, but then realized that I have been waiting for it, which made this milestone even sweeter. I am still trying to get a picture so I will post this gem in the meantime. Look at that cute hair!
In other news, Indie had her 2 month appointment with our new pediatrician this week. We chose Dr. Nielsen after several other DS mom recommended her. Dr. Nielsen's office is out of our way, but her friendly demeanor and DS knowledge are totally worth it!
Miss Indie is 22 inches and 9 pounds 7 ounces, with a head circumference of 38 cm. Her weight is only 8% on the typical chart, but 75% on the Down Syndrome chart so she's gaining and doing great. Indie suffered through her immunizations with a sad face, which was also sad for Cora and I to watch. Luckily, Indie was over it quickly and has been back to her happy self ever since.
No comments:
Post a Comment