Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Indie {10 Weeks}

Indie shocked me this week.....she learned how to breastfeed!  

Indie was born with low muscle tone and was super sleepy so she was never able to breastfeed.  I quickly supplemented with a bottle after she was born so that we could get her to poop and make sure that her intestines were working properly.  After that, I have been pumping and giving her bottles her whole life.  Bottle feeding has been challenging because of gulping air and leaking milk so I figured breastfeeding was completely out of the question.

The other day I was pumping with Indie on my lap and thought, "what the heck, might as well give breastfeeding another try."  Well, she was immediately able to nurse like a rockstar; without any of the feeding struggles she has with the bottle.  

I think Indie will continue to show us that she has her own pace and she can do anything.  I hope she continues to shock me!




No comments: