Yesterday I went to an educational training sponsored by the Down Syndrome Association. I had decided to take advantage of all the available resources while we live in Omaha since we won't have the same opportunities in Wyoming. This particular training was about Care Coordination. It was well done and I met some great families in the DS community, but don't plan on attending another one. I asked a question about the affect of work income on social security benefits and was told that most adults with Down Syndrome do not earn above the poverty level so it is a non-issue. That is probably true, but I'm not ready for that answer for my daughter.
We'll take on our hurdles and achieve our milestones one at a time. At our weight check, Indie lost a couple of ounces so we need to work on fattening her up right now. Easier said than done though since she doesn't like the MSPI formula. I can hardly blame her since it smells like dog food. I'm going to make feeding her my hobby, which will hopefully increase my supply and tip the scales the other direction for Indie.
And the best part of the week was Indie blowing cute raspberries!

No comments:
Post a Comment