Sunday, January 31, 2016

Indie {7 Weeks}

Just look at that cute little face!  When I was pregnant, I used to ask Dave if our baby girl would look like she had Down syndrome.  Dave would say, "Yes she will and you will love her because she's your daughter."  He was so right, she does look like she has Down Syndrome and I love her so much.  She looks like Indie and she is beautiful.

More exciting medical stuff this week.  After failing 3 hearing screenings on her right ear, we had a sleeping ABR at Children's Hospital.  I was nervous about the actual test, the potential results, and intimidated by Children's Hospital.  It turns out that Children's Hospital is actually bright, cheery, and full of friendly people (imagine that! ha ha)  Indie fell asleep almost immediately after me feeding her (which was the plan) and stayed asleep for the entire test (while I snuggled her in my arms and rocked in the rocking chair.)  The audiologist found mild hearing loss with lower tones in her right ear, but then found fluid in the same ear, which is likely causing the problem.  The next step is getting tubes to absolve the fluid. I am nervous about anesthesia and surgery (even if it is a minor routine surgery) for my baby girl, but grateful that this is a treatable issue.  

We also met with Indie's therapy team this week.  They presented her therapy plan with her primary provider, the Preschool Teacher, coming to our home 2 times a month.  I was disappointed because I really wanted Indie to have consistent interaction with a Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist. A lot of other DS moms have warned me that it's difficult to get their kids services in different districts throughout Omaha so I was prepared to battle on Indie's behalf.  I started my soapbox about how a Physical Therapist would be better suited to help Indie achieve her milestones over the next couple of years and they said, "sure."  Well, that was easy peasy!  I am so glad that we chose to live in Bellevue!  We are close to all the medical resources in Omaha and BPS offers a great Early Intervention team.  

And now, for some more cute pictures of our little lady!  This picture is the perfect reminder for me: keep calm, stop worrying, and everything will be great.   

 We have to roll up all her pants for her short little legs, so cute!

No comments: