Thursday, January 14, 2016

Home with Indie

Leaving the hospital with Indie was more than I had dared to hope for while I was pregnant.  We didn't plan for this scenario or timing so things were a little hectic during our first couple of days at home.  Dave swung by and picked us up on the way home from a final then had to finish a couple more tests before Christmas break.  The girls had several commitments so I was very grateful for friends that helped get them where they needed to go.  Then things got much easier.  In fact, Indie's first month home was one of the most special times of my life. 

Marie arrived on Wednesday and I really enjoyed her visit and service.  It was so nice to have someone else loving my girls and making Indie's arrival a smooth transition.  Indie ended up having low oxygen numbers so it was especially helpful that Marie was available to watch Cora during the extra doctor appointments.  Marie is an awesome sister and I hope my girls share the same relationship with each other when they get older.

Dave finished up finals then the girls began Christmas Break and I really really enjoyed our family time.  It was so relaxing to spend time in our comfy clothes inside our toasty home while it snowed outside.  Our twinkle lights and tree made everything feel magical, even Indie's midnight feedings. Dave "ran interference" every morning so that I could sleep in with Indie.  When I woke up, I got to share the girl's excitement about Elf Clause and Christmas and listen to their make-believe games.  We did quite a few play dates and fun outings so that they got along great at home.  














We began tummy time within the first week to help Indie build her strength.  She will only tolerate it for 5 minutes, but we'll take what we can get! 



 Indie was mesmerized by our spinning tree and twinkle lights.  
Dave took Milan and Cora sledding down "Scott hill" on Christmas Eve.  They had a great time with Cora sliding down the hill on Dave's back!  Eden preferred to play with a little snow inside the warm house and spend quality time with Indie.  
All my beautiful girls back together and excited for Christmas Eve presents, stories, and activities. 


No comments: