These girls sure love American Girl dolls and I love listening to them play make-believe games for hours.
Milan got Mary for Christmas when she was 5 years old. 6 days later, they released Saige as the 2013 doll of the year and Milan instantly fell in love with her. She has dark red hair, blue eyes, freckles and a love of art and horses. Milan loved her so much, she diligently saved up her own money from birthdays, tooth fairy visits, lemonade sales, and chores until she had $120. Since it took Milan 2 years to save up the right amount of money, I couldn't find a retired Saige for less than $300. I was very proud of Milan and willing to cover the difference, but we lucked out! We were chit chatting with a friend and her teenage daughter and learned that she happened to have a Saige doll that she never played with. I offered her $120 and she was excited to sell so it was a win-win! Saige has been a big hit at our house ever since!
This was a big year for Eden because she got an American Girl gift card from Grandma and Grandpa Scott for Christmas! After Milan's experience, we waited until January 1st to see the new doll of the year before deciding on the perfect doll to buy. Eden picked out Mary Ellen with red hair, blue eyes and an adorable 1950's outfit and story.
Luckily for these ladies, they have their own real life doll to play with :).





No comments:
Post a Comment