There hasn't been a whole lot of spring in our spring break, but it has been a great opportunity to slow down, spend time with friends, and I have been sleeping in, which is pure magic!
So far we have done some swimming at the Kroc Center, egg dying, hiking at Mahoney, the zoo with the Fiddlers, and train museum with the Roses.
We also hosted the first of our 3 going away parties. I told each girl that they were in charge of planning their own party, and Milan did a great job with her schindig. I didn't get a ton of pictures, but Milan planned a scavenger hunt, building with marshmallows and toothpicks, marshmallow fight in the backyard, and sandwiches for dinner. It was a pretty nice evening, so they ended up spending most of their evening outside with fairy houses and a quick bonfire at the Cooks (which seemed super fun and easy for me so that was definitely a win!)
Speaking of going away parties, my DS mom-friends threw me the sweetest going away party at Kim's house and even got me a print of Omaha as a gift. Omaha's DS community started off as an amazing resource during a difficult time and some of these ladies have become amazing friends! Every time I get together with these friends, I learn something beneficial for Indie and laugh until my face hurts. This community will be the thing I miss most about Omaha and it was so touching that they wanted to say goodbye (even though I hope to see everyone again before we leave.)







No comments:
Post a Comment