I'm not even sure what to write about this 4 year long home reno project. The beginning was pretty fun when the cosmetic changes were easy and the difference was thrilling. After 70% was done, we got distracted with life and that was also fun. This last year, we have tackled some structural issues and that got old pretty fast!
There was a month when we didn't have a master bedroom so Dave slept downstairs and I slept in Milan's room (lame!), 6 months that we had unpainted posts on the way to our front door, a few weeks without the upstairs bathroom so Cora bathed in the utility sink, a fall break spent cutting trees, and too many weekends dedicated to house projects. After spending this past week working non-stop on house projects, we were officially over this house and home ownership in general. Today, I took our listing pictures and I can't stop staring at the progress from the prior listing photos. I am pretty proud of us.
Update: We got 9 offers on the first day and accepted an offer $14k over our asking price without an inspection. I'm not sure if our house will appraise for $159k, but it has been very fulfilling to get this type of response after dedicating so much time and energy to our home. From a practical standpoint, it is sooo nice to pick our closing date and walk away with some cash for our next life adventure.





















No comments:
Post a Comment