Indie has had an amazing week!
1st we received an email to let us know Indie's picture was selected to be shown on the Jumbo-tron in Times Square before the Central Park Buddy Walk. We were all so excited for her and the girls were running around the house saying "Indie's going to be famous!"
2nd thing is that Indie can SIT!!!! The night of July 12 (exactly 7 months, 1 week) we were doing our normal workout except this time I gave Indie my watch to hold onto. It was just the confidence boost she needed and she started sitting for 1-2 minute increments! We have worked so hard for this milestone and that made it even more exciting!!! I love to sit and watch her work on her new skill. It fills me with such pride, excitement, and hope for Miss Indie.
We have started giving Indie table food instead of pureed baby food. Pureed food is tricky because Indie's tongue just pushes the food right back out, but she is doing great with pineapple pieces, watermelon chunks, carrot sticks, bananas, and puffs. She doesn't have a great pincer grasp so I let her use my hands to guide the food to her mouth, then she aggressively naws on her fruits and veggies. Once Indie breaks off a piece, she uses her tongue to carefully push it around her mouth, then swallows it. I think that this method will help her build oral strength, provide fine motor therapy, and help with any future food aversions by letting her sample different textures now. It is time consuming and I get nervous about choking, but we'll stay with it and see how things progress. We have been working on drinking through a straw for about a month and tonight she figure it out! 3 major accomplishments this week!!
And this seems to be a right of passage at our house. I guess I'll have to watch that bag of rubber bands from now on......
No comments:
Post a Comment