Wednesday, July 6, 2016

4th of July

4th of July in Omaha is extreme, 3 days of neighborhood fireworks from noon to the wee hours of the night.  I refuse to buy fireworks since I feel like it is like burning up money, but we did enjoy celebrating with friends.  

All the late nights caught up with us though because the girls were in rough shape on the 4th.  I thought meeting up with the Williams and walking the pedestrian bridge would snap them out of it, but the mugginess did not help.  So I mentioned a special holiday dinner and 4th of July cake- vanilla cake from the box with some strawberries and blueberries- and it worked like a charm!  All of a sudden, the girls were working together, laughing, posing for funny pictures, and sharing poppers.  

Since Indie hates loud noises, we bowed out of fireworks this year.  Dave took the older girls to watch a big show.  They ended up driving all over Omaha then found some great neighborhood shows nearby.   And staying home so Indie could sleep was unsuccessful because it sounded like we were in a war zone.  (It really is different here!)  Now we know the sweet spot for next year- our driveway.






No comments: