Indie is getting so so so close to sitting! She can sit independently for ten-ish seconds at a time. The first time she sat, Milan and I got super excited and started cheering for her. Of course, she fell over then started crying because we scared the heck out of her. Now we get her nice and distracted so she'll sit without realizing it, then silently cheer for her. I know she is going to love sitting to play with her toys and have a better viewpoint for watching sisters!
I have been offering pureed baby foods and feeling discouraged because Indie doesn't seem to swallow anything. Since she loves to have her little tongue out, the food just comes right back out with it. I was ready to take a break, but Indie's OT suggested we keep offering baby food to help strengthen her oral muscles. Today, I thought I saw some improvement with baby food and water in the honey bear cup. The good news is that Indie is great with chewing puffs! Eating is a process just like everything else and we will keep working on it.
In other news, Indie went swinging for the first time while we were camping. Judging by those cute smiley faces, I'm guessing she liked it!
No comments:
Post a Comment