I know the baby stage flies by, but I hoping for a little extra time with Indie. She is still a great snuggler when she's sleepy, but when she's awake, she wants to be playing on the floor. Sometimes, she's just in the mood to chill and watch the fan and sometimes she likes to move and shake! This week she learned to roll from back to front! The Down Syndrome Developmental Chart said the average age was 8 months so I was pretty surprised, but that's how Indie rolls (get it, haha!)
This week I took Indie to an evaluation at Pediatric Therapy Center and they said that she is right on track with a typically developing 4 month old. They gave me some great tips and exercises to get prepared for sitting and crawling. We will continue to check in on a monthly basis to make sure that we're on track.
This past weekend, I met with Kim, who owns a Down Syndrome specific preschool in Omaha. I wasn't sure what to expect from our meeting, but was completely floored by her awesomeness. Kim is a wealth of information and an amazing resource. She has been teaching preschool for the past 5 years and each one of her students with DS is able to read before kindergarten! She lent me several materials and suggested that we begin doing letter sound flash cards at 6 months. Indie and I will continue meeting with Kim until Indie begins preschool at 18 months. I am actually a little bummed that we are moving now that I've met her. Good news is that she is willing to continue communication after we move so we can keep using her as a resource.
Busy week with therapies and meetings, but more importantly, we got to enjoy blowing on this cute belly and tickling those little toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment