Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Eden says goodbye to training wheels!!!!! Woot woot!!

Eden has had zero interest in riding her bike and I can hardly blame her since our sidewalks stink!  I tried to teach her to ride without training wheels last fall, but she got nervous and wanted nothing to do with it.  Sunday morning, I woke up and decided that since Eden is a rock start at one handed cartwheels, she can definitely ride her bike without training wheels.  I mentioned it to Eden and she was hesitant at first, but thought it would be fun to go on big girl bike rides with Milan and I.  Sunday evening we headed over the school and I pushed her across that playground 50 times.  She totally had balance, but was lacking confidence.  I told her she could have as much ice cream as she wanted once she rode across and that was all it took.  She did it the very next time (and got a huge cup full of orange sorbet as soon as we got home.)  I jumped up and down screaming, Cora cheered, we all danced, and Eden felt pretty dang proud of herself.  We have continued to practice the past couple of nights and have mastered turning, stopping, and starting.  It's official, we have another little bike rider in this family!  Woot woot!    








No comments: