Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What we've been up to.......

Potty training. These days Milan spends most of her time with little or no clothes on. (I wonder what the neighbors think when they see this cute little bum running around the yard.) Milan has been sneaking into her bedroom to take off her diaper and put on panties for a while so I couldn't really put off potty training any longer. I think I might regret it during our drive to Oregon in a couple of weeks but oh well.

Playing with friends. Here's Milan with her buddies Anna and J.P......she absolutely loves these guys and asks for them at least 10 times a day.

Playing in the pool! You should have seen Milan's excitement when we broke the pool out of the box. She jumped up and down and then got even more excited as Dave got the different parts blown up. Unfortunately, it's rained for the past week so she just looks at it every time she passes by the sliding glass door....so sad!

Talking. Milan is talking ALL THE TIME! She's learning new words every day, talking in 2-3 word sentences, and points at things/people and shouts their names repeatedly until we acknowledge that she knows the correct word. It was a little problematic when we went to her first movie a couple of weeks ago, but it's pretty fun and I'm loving this stage!

Helping dad in the yard. We have been busily working outside to transform our .25 acre of pure grass to a landscaped work of art (okay, well at least get the curbing, river rock, trees/shrubs, and fence complete this year.)

Being prego. Here I am at 28 weeks and I am nesting in full force! I've recently redone my master bath, dining room, and entry. I'm going to start painting my kitchen cabinets this week (cream with a brown glaze in case you were dying to know.)

7 comments:

Cammie said...

WOW! That is a lot of naked busyness! I can't wait to see your cabinets!!

Julie M. said...

Good luck on that potty training! It's SO much fun! And you look adorable! Do you know what it is?!

Liz said...

you are so cute prego! I wish I was cute. Fun pool for milan, I saw the same one and thought it was way cute. Good luck on the potty training

Laura said...

Ah, potty training. I was forced into it when Ellie used the same sneaky method that Milan is using. It hasn't been too bad. I hope the same goes for you.

Melissa said...

Good luck potty training! I hope it goes smoothly for you and Milan. I haven't checked in with you in a while so I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congratulations!!! You are the cutest pregnant girl I know. I wish I looked that great when I was pregnant.

Brooke said...

In all my 9 years of parenting, potty training may be the worst of all! Shopping with all 5 kids is bad, a little boy whose been potty training for over a year, way worse!

Congrats on the baby! We're so excited for you and hope you are feeling well.

derek and michelle said...

you look so cute!