Indie took her first official steps on Thursday, June 15! That week at speech therapy, Indie spent her time standing up by herself in front of the mirror over and over. She even took a couple of side steps and I realized we may not be too far from actual steps. 2 days later, I decided to put a lego stick in each hand to see if I could trick her into walking independently. It worked, she took a couple steps so I called the entire family to the living room. While we are all gathered around, Indie took 5-6 steps across the living room and we cheered her on like crazy! It was an even bigger deal and better feeling than I thought it would be.
Fast forward a month and Indie is walking everywhere. She still holds her hands out and still falls quite a bit, but she stands right back up and continues on her way. She has become a bit of a tornado around here, she is relentless with opening cabinets, finding electrical outlets, and making messes whenever she can. Luckily the girls are great helpers so I can shower once in a while. Toddlerhood is officially here and I can't wait to see what's next with this little bear.


No comments:
Post a Comment