Monday, January 19, 2015

What a Beautiful Weekend!

We have had weeks of cold temperatures so we were very excited to enjoy a warm weekend!  Starting Friday, I implemented mandatory outdoor play.  The kids were happy to comply and spent hours jumping on the trampoline, crafting on the deck, playing with neighbors, visiting Fontenelle Forest on Saturday and meeting up with some friends at the zoo today.  The forest was fun, but it wasn't quite warm enough to spend a lot of time outside so we played in the indoor playground.  It was a hit for Cora and Milan, but Eden decided it was the perfect opportunity for a massive tantrum.  I guess it was pretty unreasonable for me to expect her to go to Time Out after pushing her sister.  There was a lot of screaming and I'm not going to be surprised if DFS was called, but then she snapped out of it and we went on to have a nice day.  We did have a great time at the zoo.  I picked up Milan's friend Maame and we met up with her friend Maddie's family at the zoo.  Maddie's mom is great and I really enjoyed spending time with her and corralling all the kiddos.  With gorgeous weather and new friends, Omaha is growing on me :)  




No comments: