Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a Normal Day

I love staying home with the girls and I feel like this is such a fleeting time, so I wanted to record a day in our lives to look back upon.  Yesterday started at 8:00: 
The girls slept in. Eden came into our room asking for "befast."  Whenever she's awake, she tries to pull off the covers and insists that I am standing on the floor.  Dave is allowed to continue sleeping though. Milan usually just plays by herself in her room for a while in the morning.  
8:30
The kids are settled with breakfast so I went for a run/walk since it was such a nice morning.  Dave watched the girls since it was MLK and there was no school.
10:00
I had big plans for tackling my to-do list while Dave was at home.  Instead, Dave offered to fix a friend's car so their whole family came over for a while.  The girls had a long fun play date while my friend and I chatted.  I didn't accomplish a single thing, not even dinner, but it was a fun visit and it was nice Dave was able to help out.
3:00 
Met some friends at the rec center for swimming.  Milan had a GREAT time playing with her friends.  She kept her life jacket on the entire time so I kept checking on her, but didn't worry about her too much.  Eden doesn't normally love swimming, but this time she wanted to play in the pool the whole time.  She was a little too brave so I held her hand the entire time.
5:30
We got home from the rec center and the girls wanted their jammas to warm up.  Milan wanted to wear her footie jammies because they were warm, but also her night dress so she could twirl.  This combination is difficult if she ever wants to go to the bathroom, but she is able to overlook that detail.  Dave brought home a pizza for dinner.  We did a quick lesson for family night and made cupcakes for a fun activity.  Finished a quick bath, ate a cupcake w/o frosting (since they were already clean for the night), read a story, and off to bed.
They were asleep within minutes (swimming can wear you out!) so I headed to Wal-Mart in the snow storm for some desperately needed groceries (seriously, we were out of milk!).  Dave brought the groceries in from the truck, since I hate packing them up the stairs.  

1 comment:

Patty Sue Martin said...

Where in the heck is your baby bump isn't it about time you get one?? I loved this post. Your trip to Oregon sounded so fun. Eden looks so happy about her big girl bed. Oaklee loves her "bid dirl" bed.