I had low expectations.....Dave rolled into bed sometime around 1:00 am and told me he had to work all day. I wasn't bothered because Seattle was my birthday trip and we had a great time. (Plus, how can I be mad that Dave works so hard for our family.) I ended up having a super day.....here were some of the highlights.....
- a goodbye kiss and happy birthday wishes from Dave bright and early this morning, THEN I went back to sleep and woke up with Milan at 8:30!
- Dave came home and surprised us at 11, took us out to lunch, and then we had a family nap (Dave had to go back to work at 1 while I got to continue my nap.)
- My friend Shawnelle took me to Arctic Circle for shakes and fries (YUM!) and we watched the kids play at the park for a while
- Dave fanagelled his way out of work and came home at 7:30 with flowers
- Friends came over to visit and eat cake
- The Sorensens brought a 'Happy Brithday' cake from COLD STONE (yum!)
- Generous gifts from my friends.....I am so lucky to have met such great friends here in Rock Springs!
- talking to family
THANKS to everyone who made my day special.....I LOVED it!
To cuten up this post, here's a couple of pictures of Milan playing peek-a-boo! (It's a favorite game, especially when she's really tired and wants to secretly rest her eyes for a minute.)
2 comments:
Happy happy birthday!!!! Sorry we can't celebrate with you!
Happy Birthday Amanda!!! I wish we could have been around to celebrate. When I get back we should go to lunch like we always do for birthdays!!
Post a Comment