Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Seattle

Dave and I just got back from Seattle....it was our first romantic getaway since Milan and it was W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L! On the way to the airport, Dave said that this trip was a "Bermuda Triangle" of all things he hates......traffic, rain, allergies, crowds, and weddings. Of course Dave was a good sport and we had a lot of fun! The best part was just hanging out together....and sleeping in. Here are some highlights from the trip.....

Friday afternoon, the girls had a High Tea and I got to meet Jen Wiley's other friends from out of town. They serve sorbet and cookies before High Tea....I could definitely get used to dessert before a meal:)

My picture with the bride

On Saturday, we went downtown to walk around at Pike's Place. We had to park far away then lost our rental car and ended up walking around in the rain for a while. Here we are all drippy :)

Dave's grandma and aunt live in Seattle and we enjoyed meeting them for dinner. (Dave's 1/4 Japanese even though you can't tell at all.)


On Sunday we went to Jen Wiley's wedding and it was beautiful! We drove 15 miles out of Seattle and we were suddenly in the country....the wedding was simple and elegant.

Jen and Lee played a fun Chinese game where they answered questions using one of their shoes (i.e. Who's the better cook.....Jen or Lee?) It was pretty funny.

Cute couple. We had so much fun at the wedding! We met some fun people and had a blast dancing!

We really had a great time and we also missed Milan like crazy. We could hardly wait to see her when we got home :). We were so lucky to have great friends to watch her and when I got home she was weaned from the bottle and responding well to time-out.......maybe we should leave town more often :)

3 comments:

Julie M. said...

I'm so glad you got to get away! I still think you owe me some pictures from Logan! :)

Brooke said...

Getaways really are great, you're lucky to have friends to help!

Wiley Coyote said...

Weaned from the bottle?! That's amazing... Go Becca!