It's beginning to thaw out and it's even getting comfortable to go outside with winter gear so we've been exploring a bit.
Eden and Cora like to sled around the property; we don't have any great hills so they have to get creative. They seem to enjoy snow and ice when they get to eat it. Lucky for them, there's still lots of it.
On a decent day, we took Milan and Indie along the river downtown. We threw rocks then ended up at Veteran's Park for a while. It was a great day to get out of the house!
We have to work on Fridays and Indie has daycare so the older girls have been staying home and baking. They're given a lot of freedom as long as they have the house cleaned up by the time I get home. It gave them the perfect opportunity to try out fondant and they made a hilarious funeral cake. At first glance, Dave thought it was him because he had been working so much, but the girls explained that it was "really old guy with wrinkles."
I bought Indie a new kitchen since hers is falling apart after 12 years of use. I busted it out on a Sunday morning and the girls pretend-played all afternoon. The kitchen has stayed in the upstairs hall and gets played with nearly every day so I'd say it's a hit.












No comments:
Post a Comment