Monday, December 30, 2019

Moved In- Kinda

It's been a crazy month and we have come out of the other side moved in with running water and the wood heat going strong.  It took a while to get those things going and there were times that we thought we would call it with this house.  We did get closed and I think it will be fabulous with some more time and lots of white paint. 

We have been in Saratoga for a couple weeks and have enjoyed getting to know people.  I have met some acquaintances through church, school events, the dental office, and story times (I even met our future dental hygienist at toddler story time!!  What are the odds?!?)  We have been the recipients of very kind service from neighbors helping with our chickens, giving us some wood for our stove, and even cutting up our delivered logs.  We have gotten to know Doug, our plumber, very well through our water debacle and I even joked that I would use him as the Emergency Contact on my girls' school enrollment forms.  We are very excited to continue getting to know people and become a part of this community.  

I have been working in the dental office during Indie's preschool and am feeling more relaxed about my upcoming job responsibilities. I still feel overwhelmed about the upcoming transition, but do think it will be manageable.  We have casually met a lot of people in town that have been really positive about us taking over the clinic.  Many current patients plan to keep coming to us and other people sound excited that we will have extended hours and will accept more insurance.  Dave and I are both feeling positive about the practice so even though it will require a lot of work, we feel that it will pay off. 

Best part of Saratoga so far seems to be the mountain views from our home and the wildlife on our 3 mile drive to town.  The girls still get a kick out of all the town deer and it is fun to hear stories of deer fighting outside the classroom windows.  As an added bonus, we were able to hop over to the forest this year and cut down a really fabulous Christmas Tree.  The whole thing was done in an hour and our dark house started feeling a bit more festive.  






No comments: