First of all, my New Year's Resolution was to learn my new camera. You know, the one I bought 7 months ago, but left in storage because it was different than my tired old camera and "too nice to take anywhere." Well, I am happy to report that I sat down with You Tube and figured that thing out. Also, a little disappointed in myself for waiting this long, but can't change that now. So, there's been some more photo-taking around here and I officially love my new camera!
Indie always asks for cereal, but really only loves the milk. This trick right here helped her learn how to drink out of an open cup so I'll take it, even if she's a bit messy (with cereal and cups!)
The face Indie made when Baby Shark came on Google! She constantly tries to boss Google around, but she's going to need a little more articulation to pull it off.
Surprised the girls with an after school trip to the Botanic Gardens then made them stand in pretty light while I figured out my new camera settings. What can I say, they're pretty lucky kids.
Indie is giving kisses with her tongue IN her mouth now. Not to brag, but I also get running hugs and neck squeezes at preschool pick up.
Cora requested a sombrero from Mexico and looks quite smashing!
This month we have been working on the basement (removing wallpaper, patching holes, painting all the trim and doors) and Cora has been using her tiny fingers to peel wallpaper. When we were chatting about working on things and being proud of our accomplishments, she told me that she already feels proud of the entryway when she walks in. There are lots of times when I worry we made a bad decision with another fixer upper, but conversations like this make me hopeful that this experience will help the girls develop a strong work ethic and bring our family closer together.
Indie learned to jump as soon as we bought a mini trampoline for her birthday. She worked hard to learn that and still feels proud of herself every time. Falling onto the bed is just as much fun, and less work for her. Milan's a champ for lifting her up there over and over and o.v.e.r.
I managed to untangle some necklaces from our jewelry mass and Indie was a fan.
When I told Indie to put her tongue in her mouth.....




No comments:
Post a Comment