Indie's personality is really starting to come out and she is more fun every day. She laughs when she hears others laughing, waves hi and bye, plays peekaboo with her shirt and hands, throws her water cup on the floor every single time she is done drinking, cries when I leave her, hates waking up from late naps, pats my back when I hold her, LOVES books, yells baby jibberish in public, loves signing "down" then knocking block towers over, and the very best part is that she is TALKING. She has tenish word approximations that she uses consistently and appropriately! She says "uh" for up, da-da, ma-ma, "da" for down, "da" and hitting her belly for dog, "ma" for more, "mmmm-k" for milk, "all-da" for all done. I get so excited thinking about Indie becoming a little talker!
Indie is getting stronger and has been standing independently for a 10-20 seconds. Every time she does it, we clap for her and she is SO proud of herself! It's one of our favorite games. She has also started walking only holding one hand and pushes whatever she can get her hands on. Less noticeably, Indie is developing some strong OT and pretend play skills. I even let her feed herself with utensils some of the time and she is doing pretty well.
Indie seems 100% recovered from her infection, but still has her PICC line for another week and a half. I have started wrapping her leg in Press n' Seal for splash pads, which she loves, but I think she will love the pool even more. Only 1 1/2 weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment