Thursday, January 5, 2017

Blue Springs State Park

The adventure continued on Christmas Eve with a road trip to Blue Springs State Park so we could check out the Manatees.  We got to see lots of Manatees floating around, play at the park, do a little hike, and check out a pretty white house with the perfect front porch.  We didn't plan it, but ended up sitting on the front porch, rocking, and enjoying our family for quite a while.   


"I'm not tired mom."


Blue Springs was only half an hour from Daytona Beach so we decided to keep driving and enjoy the last couple hours of day on the beach.  We got to drive on the beach and play next to our car so that was neat and convenient.  I probably should have paid better attention to the rising tide so our towels didn't get soaked by waves and definitely could have brought dry clothes for the drive home.  But we grabbed some Happy Meals, bathed when we got back to Jack and Kat's, and nobody complained (well not that I remember anyways.)  It's not every year that you get to spend Christmas Eve on the beach! 



No comments: