Life has felt like a whirlwind ever since we moved to Omaha. Here are some of the random pictures I have snapped along the way.....
Shooting the pink BB gun with dad was a hit. Everyone loved to shoot with dad's help then Milan learned how to shoot all by herself. We live in secluded wooded area so it's perfect for these type of shenanigans.
We got to enjoy a couple weeks of splash pad fun and found some good ones for next summer. Of course, Cora was a little trendsetter with her fairy wing/bathing suit combo.
We went to Bellevue's Parade which happened to be the longest parade ever. We stayed for 2 hours, got tons of candy, then went home.
We celebrated Dave's birthday! I'm sure he was studying during the day, but we enjoyed birthday festivities and yummy carrot cake in the evening.
I never built Cora's crib here and it has kind of been a disaster. One night, she woke up and ran up and down the hall singing "This Girl is on Fire!" for a while. A couple of nights ago, she woke Dave up by jumping on his head in the middle of the night. Not sleeping at night (you know when you are supposed to) is making this little girl tired!
A morning full of errands led to this cute sight!
Fun times with dad. Now that Dave is so busy with school, he is even more popular when he's home. You can see why they think he is so great!
We are trying a bunch of local parks and finding our favorites!
. Fun with the neighbors. Jonathan is Eden's age and Lucy is in Milan's class. Our neighbors have a swing set and trampoline so the girls love playing over there!
Milan was playing next door with Jonathan and ended up getting hit in the eye with a Boomerang. She said that she couldn't see very well so we headed to the Emergency Room. She scratched her Cornea, which was painful, but I was so glad it wasn't more serious. I let her stay home from school for 2 days because she was embarrassed about how she looked.
Cora had her first visit of the dentist. She did a great job and no cavities! (Of course she has a big under bite, but she's oh so cute!) Eden did great and they told her it was time to stop sucking on her fingers. She thought about it briefly but decided against it. I'm not sure what we're going to do about that one....hmmmm.
Cora was potty-trained a couple of weeks ago. She was singing me songs while I changed her diaper so I figured it was time. It took about 3 days and she was good to go.
We bought an Omaha Zoo pass so we have been visiting whenever we get a chance. It is really neat to live so close to a great zoo. Milan even got to ride a camel! I'm sure we will have more pictures from zoo adventures.
The girls and I chaperoned Milan's class field trip to the zoo. It was hectic, but really fun to spend the school day with Milan.
This was our group. Milan, Maddie, and Bailey. Of course, Cora thought she was big too!
We have been staying busy with soccer several times a week. Eden was super excited about soccer, then refused to participate. The first week with Dave, they left after a little while. One of her main reasons was that she didn't like her coach's accent. I talked to her about accents and let her know he was from England where they also have a real live princess. That seemed to help a little bit. The next week, I held her hand on the field the entire practice. The third practice, she let me leave the field half way through practice. The fourth practice, I did warm-ups then she was super excited to show me her moves. I am so glad that we stuck it out and she realized how brave she can be. She even scored a goal in scrimmage!
Milan seems to have really gotten the hang of soccer this year. Last game, she dribbled the ball from her side of the field to score a goal!
While Milan is busy with soccer, Eden and Cora are off playing with friends, kicking the ball around, running down hills, and just being cute!
The other night, Dave came to watch practice. The girls loved being whirled and twirled around then posed for this cute picture.
Cora wanted the moon so she ran towards it with her hands out so she could catch "my moon."
Milan had a week of dress-up days to help them remember to Say No to Drugs! She looked especially cute on hat day!
We also celebrated my birthday! Dave spoiled me with flowers, a great date downtown with Little Debbie Peanut Butter Bar Ice Cream (so yum!), yummy greasy dinner, and a family picture session for my gift! I am so incredibly blessed.









.jpg)
.jpg)







1 comment:
Love your pictures! Wish we were closer.
Post a Comment