Saturday, May 17, 2014

Visit from Grandma and Papa

We are so very fortunate that grandma and papa trekked out to Colorado to watch the girls while Dave and I went to Omaha to buy a house.  It was a super fast trip, but the girls would have been miserable driving for hours and looking at house after house.  

During our house hunt we found some beautiful old houses with original woodwork, hardwood floors, built-ins, you name it, BUT..... Dave talked me into buying a newer more practical house and we have an accepted offer on a house in a nice area with a big backyard and 2 car attached garage.  I signed Milan up for the neighborhood school and I think she will really like it.  The house will need a little work (paint, wood floors, new carpet, new banister) to get it to my preferences so I'll share pictures when that is all done.  I am pretty excited/ovewhelmed to start tackling DIY projects again and feel very lucky to own a nice house during dental school.  

We got back in time to hang out with grandma and papa for their last day.  We hit up Milan's field day.  She had quite the support team, but quickly informed me that I needed to watch her quietly.  (I have also been asked to drop her off quietly for school so apparently I am no longer cool.....I guess that was bound to happen.)   



We also enjoyed some bubble blowing, riding grandpa like a horsie and playing Polly Pockets!  Grandpa was a very good sport with the girlie games! 

 We decided to do a very last minute photo shoot at the park down the street and got some cute shots.  



Now that we are under contract on a house, this summer is about to get busy!  We are so grateful for all of the opportunities we have right now.  

No comments: