A couple of months ago I was at my weekly ortho apt, when our good friend/dentist/orthodontist invited Dave and I to join him on a humanitarian dental trip to the Dominican Republic....I totally wanted to go the minute that he started talking about it. I have always loved to travel....uninterrupted time with Dave in a beautiful country was just icing on the cake! Dave was pretty excited when we talked about it and somehow everything fell into place so that we could go.
We spent a full day of traveling (driving, red-eye flight, layovers) but it was totally worth it! The first day in the DR we went to Sanoa Island and it was pretty much perfect!
Here's Dave and I about to board the boat.
We stopped at this shallow area for a little swim and found some sea stars.
We spent the day on the island swimming, laying out, and eating lunch.
The journey back was on this Catamaran Boat....we got to sit up front on the netting, watch the sea go by under the boat, relax, and chat with our group.




No comments:
Post a Comment