Monday, April 30, 2012

Sharing a Room

In preparation for our new little girl, we bought Milan and Eden some bunk beds and put them in the same room.  They LOVE the bunk bed, but it makes for some late nights.  They stay up late talking, playing, and laughing.  Well, Milan tries to go to sleep so it is mostly just Eden.  Some nights, I find that Milan has tied her blanket around the ladder and put all her dolls in front of it so Eden can't come up to her bed.  I am very happy that Eden adores her sister, but don't really appreciate bad days with tired little girls..... 
 This is Eden throwing a fit and trying to get me to put her Tinkerbell jammas on in the middle of the day. (Eden does not like it when we break out the camera or video camera during her fits, but Dave and I can't resist :)

Eden is also night potty trained in her big girl bed, so she got to pick out a new doll at Wal-Mart.  The girls have dozens of dolls, but they always want to play with Milan's "Boo-Boo," which is our oldest doll with the craziest hair.  Eden was very happy to pick out her very own "Boo-Boo."


We have started hanging up their favorite art work behind their door, taking pictures when it gets full, then displaying the next batch.  We have quite the little artists so we have an endless supply of art.


Every once in a while I have house withdrawals so I decided to distract myself with a little dresser refinishing project.  Dave's mom gave us this dresser....it's old and solid wood so Dave really didn't want me to paint it.  I really couldn't handle the orangy stain or the hardware.
So, I sanded it down, stained it a pretty walnut color to match the girl's bed, and added some new hardware.  

No comments: